Murray McMurray?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wings, Jan 14, 2009.

1. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I will be ordering my BR hens soon, and I just had a quick question. Murray McMurray is a well-known hatchery. I was curious to hear people's opinion of it and their experiences.
    Also, I live in Massachusetts and Murray McMurray is in Iowa. Could this be a problem or not a good idea?

2. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I got the rainbow layers from MM Hatchery and love them all. We had 6 barred rocks in our order and 1 of them came to us blind so we pit her down after 3 days of her not eating or drinking. All the rest of the chicks were perfect. We ordered 25 and got 28. Only 1 rooster was in the bunch. We are very happy with them and they came all the way to Florida just fine. The barred rocks are laying already at 23 weeks old and have been laying for 2 weeks already. They are awesome!

3. I ordered mine 2 years ago come April and am very happy with my order, i only wanted a doz but split an order and they were just what I wanted,The only thing is the roo, t-rex is one BIG guy, I ordered RIRs and ordered them already sexed and got just what i ordered. marrie

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I will say this... My BR cockerels are kind of scrawny from MM. They are very HEALTHY and FRIENDLY, but not as large as my regular White Rocks. I bought them as slow growing meaties, and they are ..very...very...very sloooowww grooowing meaties, lol

They are enjoyable, though
    christina

5. Chicken8813

Chicken8813 New Egg

Sep 15, 2008
    Gloucester,MA
    I orderd 100 bobwhite quail from murray mcmurray, ended up with 60 after 5 weeks. not that bad for first time i think.

6. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Hi,

I have ordered 26 layers from mcmurray, they are coming in two weeks!!! I am very pleased with the staff and their shipping information. You will be happy if you order from there.

7. Fresh Eggs

Jan 1, 2009
    They will ship anywhere in the continental US!!! Dont worry, that is why the chicks are shipped on airplanes.

8. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I know they CAN ship to anywhere in continental US, but I wanted to check if that could be harmful to the chicks.

9. Fresh Eggs

Jan 1, 2009
    Lol, the chicks are still absorbing their yolkes, which keeps them full and happy for about 72 hours, once they arrive to your hands, dip their beaks in water so they can get hydrated.

10. Fresh Eggs

Jan 1, 2009
    What breeds do you want??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by