1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Murray mcmurray

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chicken 34, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Chicken 34

Chicken 34 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2012
    Hartwell ga
    I just ordered 25 chicks from this place and they will arrive march 12,2012 I have to say they are a good place they are friendly and helpful and there selection is tremendous ![​IMG]

2. beefmaster

beefmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    yes i ordered from them years ago an they are very friendly to deal with.

3. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    Postman just called and said my replacement order was all dead. He said they should have never shipped over a long weekend (they lady from MM said they would ship Tuesday for that reason- NOT TRUE). I will ask for a refund and NEVER buy from them again. BUY LOCAL!!

4. TnMama

TnMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    West Tn
    I've been told they are THE BEST to order from. My only thing is I dont want to order the minimum order of 25 chicks. I emailed them yesterday to see if I could order a reduced amount. I got a super quick reply,maybe 20mins, and was informed that No,I could not order a small batch. But the reply was very friendly.

5. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I have ordered from MM and had no problems. All chicks alive and well.Both banties and LF

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They do have some amazing rare varieties.

My first time out there... 4 years ago, I ordered the Rainbow Layers from them. After 2 days, 11 were dead.

I think they have gotten rid of the virus problem they had back then.

Someday, I'll order from them again.

7. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Getting around 45 chicks from them around April 9th. First time ordering from MM but I have faith in them, anything is better then Meyer hatchery..

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Don't say that! I have an order for 10 BLRW's and 5 Welsummers coming from them in July! [​IMG]
    Seriously, what happened to you with Meyers?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. ninnnnnnna

ninnnnnnna Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2012
    I placed my first MM order on Feb 12, and today I picked up the chicks! Out of the 25 ordered, 1 died about 10 minutes after we opened the box-- it was lame and barely breathing to begin with. We're hoping the rest survive!! They seem happy and content, and sure are active little things! :D

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    What breed or type of chicks did you get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by