Murry McMurry hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickendaddy'swife, Feb 20, 2012.

1. chickendaddy'swife

chickendaddy'swife Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    Kingman, ARIZONA
    I have been reading the posts about the "dead Baby chics" arriving from different hatcheries and got very worried about my incoming shipment of 25 from McMurray. Well a nice lady called from the Kingman Az.post office(on Presidents Day) at 7 am saying my chicks were here and ready to be picked up. I looked in the box and they were all alive and chirpping. Got them home and in their brooder. They are eating and drinking fine, not any show any problems as of yet but I don't expect them to. So my experience with McMurray hatchery was great. I hope everyones chicks get to their new homes fine.

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

3. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered from them twice, no casualties.
    I also ordered from Ideal once, and lost one 3 days later, but other than that I have had no losses that could be concievable blamed on the hatchery.

4. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I love McMurray! There has been a lot of negative things on here lately about them but, in my opinion, it was the post office's fault- not the hatchery. My chicks from them are so lively and happy. Glad to hear someone else had a great experience like I did!

5. horseshowmomnv

horseshowmomnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    Our chicks are due from McMurray next Monday, glad to hear the good stories, does sound like it is a Postal issue.

6. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Does anyone have any experience with chicks being mailed from "My Pet Chicken"?

7. AprilAWZ

AprilAWZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    My DH and I drove to MMcM on Sunday to pick up our chicks...it was a 4 hour drive each way, but I was in desperate need of a cabin fever-busting road trip, so this fit the bill. The gal at there said that they'd had problems with the PO (I'd asked about KY specifically) last week, but that things had been worked out. Hopefully, [​IMG] there won't be more folks will lost chicks from McM floating around the postal service!

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have repeatedly ordered from McMurray and been very pleased...also I have ordered from My Pet Chicken and been happy. I would order from both places again.

9. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    To Golden Feather, a thank you! I am expecting my first postal order from My Pet Chicken on Wednesday. My babies will most likely be shipped to Portland, OR and
    then brought the 50 miles up the mountain (Mt. Hood). I will anxiously be awaiting their call to go pick them up and get them into their warm brooder. After reading some
    of the stories I began to worry about my decision to order through a hatchery. I hope it will be a good experience. Again, thank you for putting me a little more at ease.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by