1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

muschovy duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sierra pachie bars, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    What do I look for this is now day 37. No eggs smell or are seeping. A few eggs have spots appearing. One has been getting more and more and they seem to be spreading. This is my first duck hatch and everything has gone fine but I am getting worried.

2. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    They should be hatched by now. Sounds like duds or REALLY late bloomers.

3. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    One is pipping now. Appears to be late bloomers although I have read they can go to 37 days. I was giving up hope but looks good I think for at least one.

4. princessmama

princessmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm glad to hear you have a pip [​IMG] Keep us updated, I'd love to know how it goes. I put 16 muscovy eggs in my bator thursday. They were shipped to me, so I don't know how many will make it, but I have high hopes [​IMG]

5. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Now two pipping [​IMG] The one with the dark spots appearing is one of them. I was going to toss it because I couldn't figure out why it was getting dark. [​IMG] Since no smell and no oozing guess it's just best to let it ride. They are slow and taking their time. So looks like Easter Sunday they should I hope be here .They sure are taking their sweet time lol.[​IMG]

6. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    awww, good luck, what colors will your babies be??

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  7. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    They are mixed. I am hoping for chocolate / crosses fingers But I just want a few healthy babies regardless of colors. [​IMG]

8. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    Glad to see that they're hatching finally...Just thought I'd mention that there are several different factors that can affect hatch dates so it's always wise to allow a week extra before you discard eggs.

Also, did you candle the eggs? Candling is an invaluable tool & a great skill to have in these situations.

If you have eggs in an incubator it's especially beneficial so you're not incubating eggs that aren't viable.

If you post photos of your ducklings we might be able to determine their color.

Cathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by