muscoveys

This is my first year w/Scovies but I do know they are seasonal brooders & can lay and hatch up to 3 clutches. I have 4 Muscovy ducks right now and 3 are broody w/ the fourth laying a clutch. She's up to 10 eggs right now and I expect she will be broody about the time the other three ducks have ducklings in about two weeks.
fl.gif
Mine all waited until they had about 20 eggs or more before deciding it was time to brood. They like a nice full nest.
big_smile.png

Yes muscovey hens love to set! They seem to love being mommas and are very good at it.
I like the way the male will stand around and bob and hiss his head while she is on the nest.
Of all the ducks that I have had the muscovies are my absolute favorite...... They are friendly and comical to watch in action..
And most of all they do not mess the ponds up like some ducks do. Mine just like to sit beside it and sip on the water. Sometimes they will bathe but usually just along the edge.... I have 2 hens setting right now... They do take longer to hatch (approx. 35 days) than other ducks so do not give up on the eggs too soon!

Back
Top Bottom