1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

muscovie colors

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jlybanc, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jlybanc

jlybanc Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2015
    I have muscvies of various colors including some that appear gray. I believen that these could be considered lilac or silver. How do you tell the difference? Sorry, I am unable to post pictures. Can you help? Do you have pictures of yours? We have one male and one female this color.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm not much on colors but I think if you go here and start on page one you'll see the color your talking about much better than us trying to guess. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/130753/muscovy-keepers-share-your-pics/16500

@jlybanc Welcome to BYC!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    If you can post pics we can help let you know what color they are.
    True lilacs tend to look grey with a reddish/brown tone to them. They look more blue when freshly molted and more chocolate at the end of a molt

4. jlybanc

jlybanc Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2015
    thank you. I think they must be silver. No reddish overtones. Theyre just light gray with some small white markings around the neck. I took some pics yesterday but may be a few days before i can post them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by