muscovie eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by raimnel, Dec 12, 2010.

1. raimnel

raimnel Chillin' With My Peeps

I cant believe I never asked this? What do 'scovie eggs look like? I have 3 Chocolate 'scovies, 2 girls and a boy? I found 2 strange looking eggs in the coop, they are kind of green? I do have easter eggers but the eggs are bigger and they dont look right. Do duck eggs smell different? (no there not rotten) one was found on the floor and one was in the nest box. my 'scovies are in the coop with chickens and they roost. please help.

2. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    as far as i've been told. the top two eggs in my photo here are muscovy..

[​IMG]

the bottom one is a white leghorn.

I've also been told, duck eggs appear kind of waxy...

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have Muscovies and the eggs my girls lay are cream colored, and quite large. the top one sure looks like a muscovy egg maybe the dirty one is from one just starting to lay since it's smaller

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Pic from Google.

5. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Quote:Yes, they do.

6. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    Quote:I was hoping this pic would help the poster figure out if the eggs he/she was getting, are muscovy or not.
    The top two were both super dirty, and i had to wash the one to show how wierdly coloured it was.. I get 1-2 of these a day, sometimes in the coop, sometimes half buried outside randomly.

7. raimnel

raimnel Chillin' With My Peeps

we only have muscovies so if duck eggs are waxy then yes these are muscovie eggs. however they are greenish/brownish. this pic doesn't show the coloring well, but they are waxy.
    [​IMG]

I should of put something in the pic to show size. theres a large, extra large, and jumbo egg in the pic. AND that towel is white??!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by