Muscovies on "Cake Boss" lol

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Nov 19, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    not sure if anyone else in here watched TLC's Cake boss, but last night they had an episode where they were trying to get some white doves to put inside a special box inside of a cake. They showed a guy calling around pet stores and asked for white doves and the pet store guy responded, "White ducks?" lol... then when the guy showed up at the bakery with a box containing said doves, he opened it and out popped two white muscovies. They had a look on their face like, "Hi! How's it going!?!" they looked very excited and super cute... it gave me a little insight as to why people find them cute... lol

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I saw that--along with everyone freaking out! LOL They were supposed to be doves! The thing is, they made a quacking noise (like TLC dubbed it in when they showed the ducks) LOL Oops! I cannot imagine MUSCOVIES IN a cake! [​IMG]

3. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    HAHA yes I saw that! I was like OMG White Muscovies in a cake??!?!?!?!??

4. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    I love my ducks but I wouldn't eat anything they had been in or on. Ducks do not belong in a bakery. Yuck [​IMG]

5. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    I missed that one! I'll watch for the rerun.

6. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the look on the duck's faces when the popped their heads out of the box was just so funny to me...

7. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    It originally aired on June 29, 2009...I'm trying to find a link to watch it....i'll post it if i find it

8. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Cant find anywhere to watch it online but I did find that it airs on TLC on Thursday Nov. 26 at 2:30....haha I really want to see it

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

The episode is called, "Doves, Ducks, and Delicacies"

10. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Hahaha I saw it too! All the people were like "What the h*** are these things!" and the ducks just look like they are ready to play!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by