Muscovies wanted-IA/MN/WI/IL area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by apbgv, Aug 9, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    i don't believe my eggs are going to hatch so I am looking for at most 4 muscovies, any color is fine. I am able to pick up within a reasonable distance of my home let me know if anyone has any available. TIA I have 4 days off this week so a nice road trip would be fun:)

Anyone? Someone has gotta have a few

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    No one has any in this area:( I candled my eggs today and they are all dead looks like one pipped internally and died very sad. So looking forward to having ducks

3. dragonshiner

dragonshiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Well if you're looking for a road trip there is an add in the local paper here for a woman selling muscovy ducks and ducklings. I called her today and found out she is in Crivitz, WI. That's north of Green Bay, if that helps. She has quite a lot of adults and ducklings to sell. I'm going to head out there tomorrow myself to pick some up for my own flock. Here is the link to the ad.

https://ssl.perfora.net/braneninc.com/Peshtigo/Classifieds.php

Hope that helps.

4. josh_bigler

josh_bigler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    windsor, missouri
    i have some that are two weeks old! but im in missouri, if you drove this far heck i'd give you some lol! but its a long ways away, here in sept i will be making a road trip to new york however so maybe if you hadnt found any by then i could meet you on my route somewhere! good luck!

5. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We currently have 31 muscovy ducklings, some spring hatch, and adults for sale.
    We are a bit of a drive from Iowa too though. We are on the east side of Illinois.
    Christie [​IMG]

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I am also hoping to get some. I saw some at a IA swap meet in May but have not seen any since then. I have 5 eggs in the bator that I hope hatch. I got my eggs sent from NY state. I might go to the Kankakee, IL swap meet. I've never been there before but I heard it has everything you can wish for but I'm not sure how far of a drive that would be for you. It's gonna be a 4 hour drive for us if we do get to go.

7. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I would love to go to the Kankakee swap but it is 6-7hr drive for me and that is just a little too far:( I pitched the eggs today,very sad to do it but they were not going to hatch. Good luck with yours

8. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We live 5 miles south of where the Kankakee swap is held. We will be taking all the muscovies we have for sale to the Kankakee swap in September in case any of you make it to the swap.
    Christie [​IMG]

9. ilroost

ilroost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    weldon il.
    to bad your not closer to me i have 15 muscovy duckling that was a surprize hatching i had one leave and come back home a month later with these following her,and i dont need anymore ducks thats for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by