Muscovies! What are they doing?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jjrabbit2, May 23, 2010.

1. jjrabbit2

jjrabbit2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    My Muscovies do this weird thing when they see each other or just when ever really. They hold there head up in the air and like bite the air opening and shutting their mouth. No noise... Head held high. ?????????? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

It's like a "oh i am so excited!!" thing..mine do it too. they could be excited to see the other ducks or excited as in ready to kick some duck butt, lol. Mine usually do the head bobbing & huffy puffy stuff when they see eachother, the air biting thing when they know i have treats, lol.

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    mine do it alllll the time. i call it laughing cuz that's what it looks like to me lol. duckie, my drake who absolutely loves mom (me) does that when i go outside to see him or when i feed him grass. little stinker likes eating out of my hands.

4. jjrabbit2

jjrabbit2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    As long as they are happy COOL! Thanks! Its kinda funny they crack me up! They are so differant than my other ducks (rouen,khaki,runner,B swedish). When my boston terrier comes close the male hisses and puffs up at her! LOL! [​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    my hen does that too the cats too. she HATES them. my drake is used to them. him and i got really close when she was broody. both my ducks were living inside then. they have only been outside for like a week and a half..? my drake used to go in my mom's room and eat cat food. he didn't even have to chase them off, they were already scared of him lol. he loved my mom's room. he's just a big goof. i love my drake he's the best drake is the world [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by