Muscovies with carnculations going down the neck

Kev

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
Sun City, California
I always had loved muscovies. The best personality of all ducks.

Well one time I went someplace for peafowl, this lady had one muscovy with the red skin and carncules going all the way down his neck! He was SO COOL....... Double cool-ness of the regular muscovies. He also had larger bare area on face so he almost had the little tuft on top where the crest is. But it was largely smooth not way too thick and extra bumpy like on show muscovies...

How come I don't see that type more often? I didn't know that duck was available until later on but by then she had already sold the bird for EATING... oh man.

Pics?

I've seen lots muscovies and the majority have the bare red areas limited to the face/head. There are even some with minimal areas just around the eye. To me those are "boring". haha...

That duck was the only one I've seen with the bare skin covering almost completely the face and neck. Similar to a turkey, or looking more like a naked neck muscovy. There have been a few drakes with a small spot on neck or the red mask extends all the way cross the face and down the neck slightly. So if the "red necks" are not that uncommon, sure have been missing them!

Okay just did a quick google- the red necks are not easy to find on internet either. Most of the 'extreme' ones are like this- lots on face and small patch on neck:

But did manage to find this one- this is much more like that one duck I saw a long time ago- he had more red on neck, he had no feathers at all on back side of neck like this guy:

Happened to see this- way cool with the black face, white eye, red carncules

Back
Top Bottom