Muscovy Babies!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovin my birds, Aug 15, 2011.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I have 17 muscovy babies that are about 3 weeks old. I have one that i definatley know is a drake. Lol! Anyway he is so freakin awesome looking. The feathers above his wings, the ones that are like the first feathers to grow, well they are purple! Ahhhhhhh! It is so cool! He is also getting some that are black laced with like a caramel brown. He will be so pretty. To bad I have to sell him! [​IMG]

2. nobodyherebutuschickens

nobodyherebutuschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Erie, Colorado
    Show us some pics!!! Purple feathers? That's awesome. [​IMG]

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Definitely pics! I wish you were nearer--I think I want one more duck, a muscovy, to mix in with my flock of runners & magpies and maybe hatch their eggs for them. I'll bet yours are gorgeous!

4. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Okay I tried to get some good shots of his feathers. Its raining here so it doesnt shine like it usually does. But in the pics you can definately see the green that comes through as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is one of his pertty head! Lol!
    [​IMG]

5. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    oooooooo...what a pretty face! Be interesting to see him all feathered out and grown up![​IMG]

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, pretty!! A shame you can't keep him. I can't wait to see what he looks like fully feathered.

7. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I want to see him fully featheres to. But my parents keep pushing me to start selling them. I want to wait till they are grown to see them fully featheres but she doesnt. She says they are taking up to much room. I know in a couple weeks I will have to move them to the bigger pen. The only problem is that pen has no protection. I have been thinking about making them some little box type thingy lol, but there are 17 of them plus their mom. They stay outside 99% of the time anyway. Maybe if I just put up a tarp and make sure it stays dry. [​IMG] Do you all have any ideas? The area is 20x20. I have to put the fence back up because it was just a dog run i put up and half of it is down. This is my first year with ducks and babies and idk if they need to have a "house" to go into. Please help! I really wanna keep them till they are about 6 months old. That way I can get a little more out of them and make 100% sure of what gender they are. My mom just thinks they dont have enough room. Right now their run is 10 x 20. Lol!

But on a happier note I have convinced them to let me keep a trio of whites. Yay! So here are the pictures of the three I am going to keep. I think the one will have a brown or black spot on her head.

This is my drake! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of my hens!
    [​IMG]

And this is my other hen!
    [​IMG]

And this one I just cant help but keep! Lol! Ready for it! HERE SHE IS......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  8. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    It's realy bad, that you so far away:/...........I would love to get your purple boy and you will see him here. I'm looking for scovis, but like you see I'm in PA [​IMG]

9. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Quote:To bad! I would love to sell them to people on here and people I know so that I can here about how they are. I know its part of having ducks that you hatch out and sell but its going to be hard if some stranger comes and buys them. [​IMG] But I hope im a good enough judge of caracter to know who will have them as pets and take care of them and those who want them to eat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by