Muscovy Breeding Color Genetics True Lavender

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by phantom1, Mar 2, 2016.

1. phantom1

phantom1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Yes,

Can anyone tell me what colors to use to get a true lavender Muscovy duck? Or if I can find one true lavender what color could one breed to get back to a purebred true lavenders?

2. paws4440

paws4440 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Hello I breed my muscovys this year and I got some pure lavender baby's I breed this female with a white male and a black/ chai kale male and got some it will only let me post pictures of pics I've posted before but if you want I can text you and you can see what he looked like?

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    True lavenders can't be mixed colors genetically. So don't breed any other colors unless you want the resulting lavender offspring to be other color carriers

If you want true lavenders, then only breed true lavender birds together. If they are true lavenders, then they will only give you lavender offspring. No other colors.

Paws4440- the above duck is a blue, therefore any offspring that turned out lavender from her are NOT true lavenders

4. phantom1

phantom1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Ok so blues are not lavender? And I am trying to find some true lavenders Muscovy's just have not found any yet.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  5. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Correct. Blue is a completely different color than lavender. Here are some examples

[​IMG]
    Both of these are lavender

[​IMG]
    Light blue barred

[​IMG]
    Light blue pied

[​IMG]
    Dark blue pied

[​IMG]
    Dark blue pied

[​IMG]
    Lavender