muscovy burrying eggs

afchicken

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio
i have a trio of muscoveys and the hens have 2 seperate nest where they are burrying the eggs (and some chicken eggs)....
dos this mean they are about to try and brood and should i take the chicken eggs out?

Sounds like they are about to brood. They will probably hatch and raise the chicks... You only have to remove the chicken eggs if you don't want baby chickens.

Last edited:
ok just diddnt know if the chicks would hatch sooner then the ducklings and couse her to leave the nest

I agree w/Miss Lydia plus any chicken eggs inadvertently mixed into my Muscovy hens clutch that hatched out were killed by her.
sad.png

I don't mean to say that all Scovy hens do so but mine did. I guess my Charlotte could tell that the chick wasn't a duck or possibly that it was too early so something was wrong. She didn't have a problem w/other duck breed eggs added later... like Calls.

thats what i thought didnt know how many days on the ducks as this will be 1st batch but i knew muscovey took longer to hatch then chickens thank you

I never knew! Well, I knew the eggs would hatch at different times, but I didn't think the duck would care. Guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom