Muscovy Color

StrelowHasDucks

Hatching
Dec 19, 2020
So I’m new to Muscovy, and their colors are baffling to me. I’ve picked up a few ducks, I have a general idea of what colors they are. I’d like confirmation though. Other than people giving advice, is there any DNA tests or something of that nature to be for sure? I’ve attached a few photos.
7BA0B587-0658-4EDB-A8ED-1C178AAE91A4.jpeg
3D70EEF6-887A-4908-A263-F79ABAB0EE67.jpeg

Attachments

• 7854FDC5-F59E-44BD-9A06-A90C07B06FE5.jpeg
    7854FDC5-F59E-44BD-9A06-A90C07B06FE5.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 1
I have no clue, but I imagine if there was some sort of genetic test it would probably be pretty expensive. I have no clue though that would be pretty interesting if there was some way to know that.

Beautiful birds! Welcome to BYC! Muscovy's come in a lot of beautiful colors I love your the way those silver drake's up top look! I am not quite sure what you are asking though :p

Here is a website that I found detailing the different colors Muscovies can come in.
http://muscovy.us/what_color_is_it

So I’m new to Muscovy, and their colors are baffling to me. I’ve picked up a few ducks, I have a general idea of what colors they are. I’d like confirmation though. Other than people giving advice, is there any DNA tests or something of that nature to be for sure? I’ve attached a few photos. View attachment 2456167View attachment 2456169
Picture 1 looks li lavender
Picture two I’m not sure
Picture 3 looks like maybe a lavender bar!!

Beautiful birds! Welcome to BYC! Muscovy's come in a lot of beautiful colors I love your the way those silver drake's up top look! I am not quite sure what you are asking though :p

Here is a website that I found detailing the different colors Muscovies can come in.
http://muscovy.us/what_color_is_it

I guess, just so many people say different things, if there is any way to for sure know the genetics behind the color. I’m open to suggestions of what colors they are though!

Back
Top Bottom