Muscovy Colors and Genetic help

Cats Critters

Completely Indecisive
13 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Clarion County, PA
My Coop
My Coop
I'm trying to figure out the proper color names for my 5 muscovys and if I where to hatch what colors I would most likely get. I know recessive genes make this more complicated but just a general idea what genes I'm looking at would help.

So hen #1 I've been referring to this color as fawn but I have no idea, I believe the slight lacing on all of them is called rippling and I'd love to know the genetics behind that too
20200305_151551.jpg

#2 My blue girl, I feel like from googling I'm correct on her and the drake being Blues
20200305_151553.jpg

#3 The drake Draco, I've been calling him blue
20200305_151600.jpg

#4 and #5 The other two girls I've been referring to as fawn/brown.
20200305_151621.jpg

Any help would be appreciated and even being pointed in the right places online or in books for genetics on them would awesome.

#1 is lilac
#2 is blue barred
#3 is blue
#4 and 5 are lilacs

Lilac is also called blue fawn. Same color just different names.

They aren't rippled but what you see is lacing. This is directly related to the blue dilution which is why you see it on blues and any color made with blue.

Barring is what you see on the belly on #2. It's white and color in a striped pattern on the individual feathers. The whole body is usually barred as juveniles but then molts out as adults. You'll see more show up with each molt also

Back
Top Bottom