Muscovy colors

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FeatheredObsessions, Sep 27, 2010.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Since I adopted my baby muscovy I have been so facinated with their colors. Some day LOL I will find creams and silvers but I fear that they will be lost via the new legislation [​IMG]

This is my buby! He has a solid chocolate hen he adores. Does anyone know the colors the chicks maybe? if i were to hatch their eggs?

[​IMG]

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Wish I could help, but his color is stunning! I am a sucker for anything blue or chocolate. [​IMG] Have my eye on some chocolate muscovy hatching eggs. Just have to convince DW to let me have them!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Beautiful! I have Muscovies also but am no good on colors. But One of our hens solid white had ducklings with almost solid black and out of 10 we got one chocolate

4. rollyard

rollyard Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    He looks lavender ie recessive l/l. She is (from what you say) sex-linked recessive chocolate ie ch/-. If neither have any other hidden recessives, then all ducklings will be black. Hidden recessives (or blue?) can/will alter colour/pattern in ducklings produced. For example, some chocolate or some lavender ducklings may also be produced if she has hidden recessive lavender, or he has hidden recessive chocolate.

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    What a beautiful color. I just got 4 two month old Muskovies and they are pretty nice. They are hatchery colors all spotted but I like them.

6. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I'll get the right camera card out and download the picts of the chocolate hen and the blue hen. They are both solid colors. I'm in love with them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by