1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Muscovy Drake rehome, Central, FL

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by GeoGreyWolf, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GeoGreyWolf

GeoGreyWolf Songster

Sep 21, 2017
    Florida
    Looking to rehome my 6 month old Muscovy Drake. He was a rescue duckling and we raised him from 4 days old. However he has become more aggressive in his hormonal state, and we dont have the amount of females he needs to calm down so he is acting out. With having two young daughters I unfortunately cant have that, they love our ducks and I dont want them to get scared or injured by him. Hoping to find someone who has female muscovies for him to mate with. I cant house any more ducks (others have offered to sell me females), currently have a good size flock for us. IMG_E4489[1].JPG

2. Soon2BChixMom

Soon2BChixMom Herding ducks and Wrangling chickens

Jan 8, 2017
    Awe. Hope he finds a good home. What is your hen to drake ratio? Just curious as I am new to muscovies.

3. GeoGreyWolf

GeoGreyWolf Songster

Sep 21, 2017
    Florida
    i have a female pekin, female swedish and female rouen. My males are male swedish who claimed the other three and my male muscovy. We got him at 4 days old as a rescue so did not know what gender till he got older. A good ratio is a 3 females to 1 male.

Miss Lydia and Soon2BChixMom like this.
  4. DRGLENNON

DRGLENNON Songster

Mar 24, 2014
    Homosassa Springs, FL
    Where are you located. I'm in Citrus Co. ( west central fl.)

5. GeoGreyWolf

GeoGreyWolf Songster

Sep 21, 2017
    Florida
    I am sorry for the late post, i have been sick and slammed work wise. I actually found him a home in Lake county and the person already picked him up. Thank you for the offer in him though.

Miss Lydia likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: