Muscovy Drake WANTED :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by scooter1989, Feb 19, 2014.

1. scooter1989

scooter1989 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Hey guys!

I been wanting a mature Muscovy Drake for my 4 Muscovy hens. Spring is coming and the girls should be laying their eggs very soon, actually they should start laying almost now! I really want to breed my scovies, it would be neat to watch the mothers care for their offspring and to sell them to people who wants Muscovy in their own backyards. I'm looking for a Drake that is protective to the flock or a nice drake that is uses to humans, but really any drake will do as long as he is mature. The special drake will have four pretty ladys that are in four difference colors of Chocolate Ripple, Dark black Ripple, blue ripple with some brown and a white with a black crown. So I'll have ducklings of all colors pretty much. My ducks are my family and get special care and love. I always let them free range during the daylight hours and lock them up in a 10' by 20' pen at night. They also are allowed to fly around the lake, that's right a lake! The ducks often bath during the morning then graze more around at noon. I don't like to clip them because I think they have a way better chance of getting away from predictors, plus they seem happier and healthier when their wings are left unclipped. Also they fly to me when called, which is awesome..

I live in southeast Michigan near Milford, so a distance that is not to far will be great!

P.s. If you have a drake for me, some picture would be nice to :)
    Thanks for reading

2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Maybe you can post This in the for sale/wanteD section? Or there is also the "where am I where are you forum category where you can find people from your state. Hope you find a nice strapping drake for your girls!

3. scooter1989

scooter1989 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Ok :) I didn't realize there was a section for the both. Thank you for reply on helping me, I will post this thread on one of those two sections.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by