Muscovy duck acting weird

ICB42

Chirping
Aug 22, 2015
hello!

I have a flock of Muscovy ducks and tonight we noticed one wasn’t really walking a whole lot and when he did get up he kind wobbled and fell back over. I was thinking it was a niacin deficientcy but I’m not sure how much to give him or how to tell if that’s what it is

Could he have jumped down off of something high. You know Muscovys. One of my drakes decided to jump down off the side of the stock tank instead of using the ramp and walked around like that for about a week. Hopefully just a leg strain with yours.

What are you feeding them? and can they get into anything toxic while they are out and about? How does that chest feel on the one in the pic is it hard or squishy and check in the morning as to what it looks like if it is still the same he may have an impacted crop.

I believe @casportpony is on maybe she'll take a look.

He seems fine now, one of my other ducks is kind of limping they do like to get on the nesting boxes and jump down so I don’t know if it’s that. We have got some probiotics and electrolytes for all the chickens and ducks and are gonna switch up their food. Thank you everyone for all your help!!

The new one that is limping is barley limping anymore. The other duck however is still just laying in the coop and still not feeling well. We also
Discovered this guy. His chest area seems to be swollen and it reminds of a turkey when he walks. This is the best picture I can get.
Hard swelling or soft swelling?

Thanks, he was standing more and eating and drinking I think that the cold snap we had wasn’t helpful either. It got really cold last night I didn’t know it was supposed to either :/

He will get up and try to walk almost like his body is to heavy for him, I’ll try to get a video.

Back
Top Bottom