Muscovy Duck Colors

Freyagrace

In the Brooder
Oct 31, 2021
hi,

I have a small flock of muscovy ducks, all solid colored and easy to identify... recently I got some ducklings from a local person and was excited to see they all have barring on their feathers. I'm fairly certain I have at least 2 males but I would love to hear your thoughts on sex/color from this clutch of ducklings. I'm fairly new to Muscovy ducks but absolutely love them!!! The larger buff duck is their foster mother after losing her first batch of eggs.

FD6EA998-E0F2-43B6-9FBB-C59A9F0D5921.jpeg

Hiya! Aren't Muscovy amazing? I'm in a similar situation, got my first ones last year, and have been adding to my flock this year with a surprise Barred in there (see my avatar!), as well as a couple of blues.

Unfortunately, I can't help with their genders, as they are too young for my inexperienced eye to tell at this age. In a few weeks though, you should be able to start seeing a more pronounced size difference between the males and females.

I love how the top centre black barred looks like it has a unicorn horn! :D

I too had to wait until mine got older and the one grew massive compared to the other. It was strange though how my Mule ducks all stayed the same size just about. They were a cross between a Rouen Hen and my huge Muscovy Drake. They are beautiful but I had to rehome my Drake when it started hissing at me with hits voice and chasing down my girls. They have no carnucles so it was hard to tell what sex they were and that was the only way I could tell. My baby full blooded Muscovy Drake duck got a lot more carnucles than the hen so that was another way I was able to sex them. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom