Muscovy duck - Flying? Getting along?

Morri

what's quackalackin?
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Australia
HEy, JUst a few quich questions...

I have will pick up a muscovy hen in a couple of days as she had wondered onto someones property and they asked me to take her. So I just have 2 questions:

1. I already have a trio of khaki campbells that she will live with - should they be ok together??

2. Her wings have been clipped and ofcourse they will stay clipped while she adjusts to her new environmnet but once she is used to knowing the food shelter etc will it be safe to let her wings grow out?? i dont mind if she flies as long as she doesnt fly away.... So should i continue to clip her wings forever??

Thank you for any info/advice/suggestions as i havnt owned a muscovy before.....
smile.png

Hey Morri - Im sure she will just be glad to have some duckie company again after being on her own for so long. Im sure she will fit in nicely with your current trio. Better to keep her clipped for a fair while just to make sure she knows where home is.

Thanks Alecia
wink.png
LUcky i have a mentor haha.... so can i leave her wings grow out say afer a few months??

As they grow out...just keep an eye on her if she is testing them out a lot trying to fly - if she looks like she wants to fly too much you can always trim it again later.. Being that she was found once already- flying off may be the reason - or she may have just been dumped. OH...And only one of the wings need to be clipped -

lolt thanks..... if u clip both wings doesnt it balance it out so they can fly again or something???
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom