muscovy duck housing

B and B

Hatching
Oct 4, 2015
I need some recommendations on muscovy duck housing. I have two very spoiled ducks. we live on a lake and my plan was to lock them up at night to protect them and let them out during the day. They were only 1 -2 weeks when we rescued them and they pretty much have taken to our family.i want to purchase something , not build. something that is nice to look at. thanks

A good-sized dog house should do it, I think. Perhaps @Going Quackers or @Miss Lydia can speak from experience here. I think @Scovy Momma has had Muscovy indoors.

I need some recommendations on muscovy duck housing. I have two very spoiled ducks. we live on a lake and my plan was to lock them up at night to protect them and let them out during the day. They were only 1 -2 weeks when we rescued them and they pretty much have taken to our family.i want to purchase something , not build. something that is nice to look at. thanks
A nice size dog house would work as long as you can put a door and lock on it for night and it has good ventilation. You never want to let your ducks stay out at night even on water they will be pick off pretty quick. Lowes has some nice wooden houses. They use to have one that the top lifted up for easy cleaning someone on here had one for their ducks and if you only had a few ducks would work great. Cute house too.

Welcome to BYC and of course pics are a must.
smile.png

I really like this one - I don't know if you need a run, but it can be nice to have. If you are going to be home late, and won't be able to put your ducks in until after dark, you can put them in their run so they are protected, but stlll outside.

Here is a link -

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/ad...hjbhGzXB3oQx6GmMmLOJ6l43ZcS-0m1Vx9RoCZC7w_wcB

With any house, whether you go with a dog house or a chicken house, make sure it is easy to clean, well ventilated, and not too far off the ground. My ducks are afraid of ramps - and most chicken houses will have tall ramps.

Back
Top Bottom