1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

muscovy duck housing

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by B and B, Oct 4, 2015.

1. B and B

B and B New Egg

Oct 4, 2015
    I need some recommendations on muscovy duck housing. I have two very spoiled ducks. we live on a lake and my plan was to lock them up at night to protect them and let them out during the day. They were only 1 -2 weeks when we rescued them and they pretty much have taken to our family.i want to purchase something , not build. something that is nice to look at. thanks

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    A good-sized dog house should do it, I think. Perhaps @Going Quackers or @Miss Lydia can speak from experience here. I think @Scovy Momma has had Muscovy indoors.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    A nice size dog house would work as long as you can put a door and lock on it for night and it has good ventilation. You never want to let your ducks stay out at night even on water they will be pick off pretty quick. Lowes has some nice wooden houses. They use to have one that the top lifted up for easy cleaning someone on here had one for their ducks and if you only had a few ducks would work great. Cute house too.

Welcome to BYC and of course pics are a must. [​IMG]

4. jducour

jducour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I really like this one - I don't know if you need a run, but it can be nice to have. If you are going to be home late, and won't be able to put your ducks in until after dark, you can put them in their run so they are protected, but stlll outside.

Here is a link -

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/ad...hjbhGzXB3oQx6GmMmLOJ6l43ZcS-0m1Vx9RoCZC7w_wcB

With any house, whether you go with a dog house or a chicken house, make sure it is easy to clean, well ventilated, and not too far off the ground. My ducks are afraid of ramps - and most chicken houses will have tall ramps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by