muscovy duck laying eggs.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bigdawg, Dec 25, 2011.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    am i the only one that has a scovy laying eggs now. she started about 3 weeks ago. two or three eggs per week. the last three days have been every day. i have two of her eggs in the bator with other eggs i got from pidgey 104 my 2 and 10 out of 12 of the shipped eggs are showing nice veins. its day 12 of incubating.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Laying season should start when the days start getting longer. That is Dec 21, so you duck is a little early, but not by much.

3. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    Muscovies are likely to lay this time of year, especially if they have good feed and some protection from the elements.

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I wish mine were laying. I can sell the hound out of duck eggs, not to mention I love eating them.
    They laid until a few weeks ago....unless they are hiding them somewhere. I have found their nests in strange places but I do not let them out to free range until after noon. Maybe I should dig down into their bedding to see if they are hiding any. I have 9 grown ladies.

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I have two that are, one really has never stopped.. and now up to two eggs a day lol I'm actually kinda glad they all aren't.. my gosh that would be 5 eggs a day [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by