Muscovy duck needs home in Michigan

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TracieMichelle, Oct 28, 2016.

1. TracieMichelle

TracieMichelle New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    Yesterday I found a Muscovy duck on Belle Isle. He was bound by twine underneath his left wing. Myself, and two conservation officers were successful in releasing the twine. I volunteered to bring him home. But I live in the city and need to place him in a permanent home. I am new to this site and not sure how it works. I am in Saint Clair Shores Michigan, if you are near me please get ahold of me. This Muscovy duck was obviously a pet, he is extremely friendly. He follows you around like a dog, and he loves to be petted on the top of his head and his belly. If you or anyone you knows has a permanent home for a pet Muscovy, I have one for you!

2. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
  3. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Oh man, I really want that duck! I have a huge pond in my front yard that he can swim around in and everything! But I don't think my parents would let me [​IMG]

4. AceWeasel

AceWeasel Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2015
    I'd offer if we had more girls, but right now we've just got one khaki drake and two rouen girls so another drake wouldn't be a good idea.

5. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope Premium Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    God bless you and the others for rescuing him. Be sure to post in the Michigan thread if you haven't already https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/697050/michigan-thread-all-are-welcome
    Good luck finding him a home[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by