Muscovy duck sitting less time on eggs after 25 days WHY

MuscovymamaG

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
Ok so its been 25 days of patience and now i am noticing that my muscovy who used to sit all the time on eggs and only take 1 or max 2 breaks is now mostly on break, she sits for some hours and than came out start chasing other ducks or drinking or bathing etc m afraid about this behavior isn't she suppose to sit on her eggs more time. I don't want eggs to get ruined and I don't have an incubator too so kindly guide what possibly can be done.

Current status of eggs is attached as well

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_152700.jpg
    IMG_20210314_152700.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210314_152712.jpg
    IMG_20210314_152712.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 7
How long is she off of the eggs? They generally regulate the heat of the eggs with their body temp and she needs to bathe for moisture and to keep the eggs at a certain humidity. I wouldn't be too concerned. Have you candled the eggs?

I agree with the above. I would candle to see if they're alive and if they are doing fine let her do her thing. If they're dead remove them and let her start brooding a new nest of eggs again when she's ready. With no incubator there really isn't much you can do either way besides making sure she has a non-stressful environment with easy access to fresh water and plenty of food.

I am just one over protective duck mama and not candling eggs as well as am afraid she might abandon them if I try to touch her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom