Muscovy duck thinks im challenging him

1995ImpalaSS

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2017
My muscovy drake “ Otis” has been very aggresive lately. Any time im standing beside him he always bites my leg. Once in a while he’ll exhale and start shaking his head/neck/body with the mohawk raised. How do I get him to not bite anymore?

Attachments

• 6328D566-3BB0-4A03-9AA5-8AE7E2E179F4.jpeg
    6328D566-3BB0-4A03-9AA5-8AE7E2E179F4.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 13
How many Ducks do you have?...Does he have Hens?
Spring is coming and his hormones are getting higher..Don't allow him in your space. Chase him off a bit so her respects you as top Duck.
We have a muscovy hen for him however, she is not interested in him. She likes to perch up high and be alone (he’s too big to get up and perch where she does). When she is on the ground with him, she always runs away from him when he hisses and bobs his head.

We have a muscovy hen for him however, she is not interested in him. She likes to perch up high and be alone (he’s too big to get up and perch where she does). When she is on the ground with him, she always runs away from him when he hisses and bobs his head.
He is being aggressive to keep you from her and she runs away from him because he makes too many advances..They need another Hen.

Back
Top Bottom