Muscovy ducklings been lazy??

crissycriss

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Heflin Alabama
All my muscovy ducklings take a few steps and lay down. They have always done this. Is this how they all do? I have 34 ducklings ranging from 2wks to 12 wks. They have a 1800 sq ft run. But they will take maybe 3 to 10 steps and lay right back down.Are they just lazy? They eat grower (and some layer that for the hens) grass clippings, some corn for a snack and sometimes catfish fillets. Do they need nician if so how would i give it to that many? They have 5 kiddie pools should i take them all away and add it to one of them or in their feed? Can they get to much? Thanks in advance!

All my muscovy ducklings take a few steps and lay down. They have always done this. Is this how they all do? I have 34 ducklings ranging from 2wks to 12 wks. They have a 1800 sq ft run. But they will take maybe 3 to 10 steps and lay right back down.Are they just lazy? They eat grower (and some layer that for the hens) grass clippings, some corn for a snack and sometimes catfish fillets. Do they need nician if so how would i give it to that many? They have 5 kiddie pools should i take them all away and add it to one of them or in their feed? Can they get to much? Thanks in advance!
All my Muscovy's do this but mostly the young drakes, I have no idea why unless they are just growing so fast their legs can't keep up. but I use brewers yeast to give the needed niacin and I mix it into their feed. I feed a wet mash using warm water and Braggs ACV if interested in how to do this PM me. I feed 43 this mixture.

Back
Top Bottom