Muscovy ducklings male or female?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MuscovyMistress, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MuscovyMistress

MuscovyMistress New Egg

Sep 16, 2016
    Hawaii USA
    Okay, so for now they have been called the "nice one" and the "timid one".

The nice one has a white chest and more white altogerher, has a friendlier demeanor, hisses more, is slightly larger, and seems to be the leader of the two.

The timid one is shy and easily scared, has dark brown feathers on her front and more in general, makes almost no noise despite the occasional hiss,is slightly smaller.

They both hiss, they both have that thing where the top of their head fluffs up, they both started growing feathers at the same time.

We got them when they still had down and within a month they have grown feathers and just bigger in general.

I've never had ducks before, always been a chicken lover, so I'm 100% clueless. I'll try to post pictures in the comments below.

2. samantha92

samantha92 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    Perth Australia
    My girl hisses and chrips and my boy never hisses yet chirps :)
    My boy is a lot bigger, I thought he was a female but my white girl has started laying fertile eggs.

[​IMG]
    Female white, male black and white

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Have you tried posting on the Duck or Muscovy thread? Sorry but I know next to nothing about ducks

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Is one a lot bigger than the other?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by