1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Muscovy Ducklings, near Huntsville, AL

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by jdywntr, Aug 9, 2013.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Muscovy ducklings for sale. I have some hatching today (8/9/13).

Ducklings are black barred, some males may carry the chocolate gene. As I have chocolate females.

Day old-2 week old- $5 each.
    2 week old to 1 month- $7.50 each.
    1-3 month old- $10 each.

Currently I have day olds, 1 month olds and 2 month olds.

I require a MINIMUM of 2 ducklings as they do not do well alone. Please bring your own box or carrier.

With older ducklings (2 weeks+), I can guess at gender but cannot guarantee 100% though I'm pretty accurate.

I raise my ducks for meat. Muscovy ducks are great foragers and bug eaters, are much more lean than other duck breeds and have a greater meat:bone ratio, resulting in more meat per bird.

I will ask what age you are wanting so that I can corral them up and secure them for you to choose from. As I raise mine for meat, I do not spend
    much time handling them individually and while they are friendly, they are not used to being picked up/caught.

Please reply via PM. I don't get good cell phone reception on the mountain but can communicate via PM or text. I am located about 30 minutes south of Huntsville, about 7 miles off of 231 between Huntsville and Arab.

2. USARMYSOLDIER

USARMYSOLDIER New Egg

Nov 9, 2013
    Hey i am interested in your new borns ($5) ducklings and would like more info on them asap so if you could please text me at (256)200-1709 i would really appreciate it.thank you!

3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Sorry, the ad was posted in August. I have no littles now. I do have some juveniles and adults that I'd be willing to part with. They would be $20 per bird but you'll know for sure what gender your getting. Some of the hens had started laying but with the short days, they've mostly let up.
    Let me know if you'd be interested in older birds as I'll be sending most to freezer camp by Thanksgiving weekend. Otherwise, you can PM me in spring and I'm sure I'll have some available.

Judy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by