Muscovy Ducklings

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Nyla, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes! Taste Yummy!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No they are ugly!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nyla

Nyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern, Indiana
    These ducklings will come from my personal pet Muscovy's. I have had Muscovy's for over 10 years now. I currently have 12 females laying on clutches of 10+ eggs each due to hatch in August.I also have 4 incubators filled with 41 Muscovy eggs each due to hatch mid- September! They are fed Purina Organic Layer Crumbles. It is made with non-GMO ingredients that have been grown without the use of pesticides and fertilizers.
    I let them free range all day and lock them up in their aviary at night.
    They always have fresh water and well ventilated coops.
    This little article is from Wiki:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    "The Muscovy duck is a large duck native to Mexico, Central, and South America. Small wild and feral breeding populations have established themselves in the United States, particularly in Florida and ... Wikipedia

Scientific name: Cairina moschata
    Clutch size: 8 – 16
    Conservation status: Least Concern (Population decreasing) Encyclopedia of Life
    Mass: Male: 10 – 15 lbs (Adult, Domestic), Female: 6 – 7.9 lbs (Adult, Domestic)
    Length: Male: 2.5 ft. (Adult), Female: 2.1 ft. (Adult, Domestic)
    Did you know: The Muscovy duck's diet consists of plant material obtained by grazing or dabbling in shallow water, and small fish, amphibians, reptiles, crustaceans, insects, and millipedes. "
    -------------------------------------------------------------

=======================================================
    This flock consist of 12 females and 2 males.
    Most of the Muscovy's in this flock are split with lavender.
    Males:
    1. Master- Normal Colored Black with white bib and has partial black caruncles.
    2. Felix- Blue Pied with normal colored caruncles.
    ----------------
    Females:
    1. Zoe- Chocolate with white bib
    2. Emma- Normal black and white pied
    3. Sophie- Normal black and white pied
    4. Pepper- Normal black and white pied
    5. Nova- Blue with white throat
    6. Audrie- Blue Pied
    7. Kali- Blue Pied
    8. Pocka- Normal black and white pied
    9. Snow- French White
    10. Mocha- Blue
    11. Nibble- Blue
    12. Starla- Blue with white head
    =======================================================
    No money is required to hold your place for ducklings. Just an email with how many ducklings you want and a zip-code so I can give you a total price.
    1. Duckling's Are $5 Each Straight Run.
      -I do know how to sex ducklings and can do so for extra charge.
    2. $10 for shipping box
    3. Plus shipping charges.
      - Shipping is determined by your zip-code. I can give you a quote price of shipping when given zip-code. I will enter it into USPS.com to check shipping price.
    4. Minimum of 15 ducklings is required to ship.
    5. I can add gro-gel plus B for you ducklings but is an additional $4.
    All pictures are of the flock I described above!
    IMG_1688.JPG IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1604.JPG IMG_1606.JPG IMG_1607.JPG IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1657.JPG IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1818.JPG IMG_2020.JPG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Ducklings below are from Zoe- Emma- and -Sophie with a male Chocolate named Captain. I traded him for my black male last month. Capetian is shown below.
    IMG_1655.JPG IMG_1705.JPG IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1270.JPG

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by