Muscovy ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sarbee42, Sep 24, 2012.

1. sarbee42

sarbee42 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    Went to my cousin's wedding at a farm and ended up coming home with two little ducklings. One still had an egg tooth up until this morning and it was gone. Both are very young and I was told the mommas were hatching out babies like crazy but then neglecting to take care of them. [​IMG]
    The yellow one has been named Sunny and the yellow and brown one Fluffy. Just wondering what "Fluffy" will look like when older? They had all different colors at this place. Very happy with them and they are incredibly friendly. Much more than any other ducklings I've had in the past. I've never had muscovies either and I have a feeling these two might become house pets since it is way too cold here this time of year to consider putting them outside even to play until the spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    cute pics. Fluffy will most likely be black and white or mostly black. Sunny will probably be mostly white if not solid white but muscovy change their colors in such amazing ways it can be surprising.

3. sarbee42

sarbee42 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    I know the farm had plenty of white muscovies and a few buff looking ones and I think some were black and white. Either way they are adorable and just sooo friendly for being born outside. I guess I'm just used to my neurotic runners that I didn't think ducklings could be this friendly! [​IMG]

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    [​IMG]

I know what you mean. The first ducks I had were runners. They were hilarious but VERY neurotic. I am very happy with my muscovy. I got my current ones at 3 months old (they are 6 months now) and while they don't usually just walk up to me I can pet them and pick up the drake whenever I need to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by