Muscovy ducks!!! Male or female??

They both look like drakes to me.

LOL I thought they both looked like females to me but I'm a duck newbie.

My reasoning is the legs look too thin for drakes & the head doesn't appear to have that flatish area I see on some drakes. I'm not good on body ratio. Although not real reliable but with so many pics, the tail appears more female. And mine had caruncles forming about that age.

Anyway, @emmading you should know soon enough. My Muscovy 1st did the drakes huff/hiss at about 3 1/2 months old. But he had caruncles long before that.

LOL I thought they both looked like females to me but I'm a duck newbie.

My reasoning is the legs look too thin for drakes & the head doesn't appear to have that flatish area I see on some drakes. I'm not good on body ratio. Although not real reliable but with so many pics, the tail appears more female. And mine had caruncles forming about that age.

Anyway, @emmading you should know soon enough. My Muscovy 1st did the drakes huff/hiss at about 3 1/2 months old. But he had caruncles long before that.
okay thank you so much I really hope at least one is female

How old?
They look like the same size. Generally, that means they are the same sex. In that first pic, Bug has a wide stance, but then the white one has a closer stance. The white one's body looks a little petite. The head isn't as blocky. Usually males have a very long torso and it makes it look like there are 3 parts. But, your white one looks female. I'm not sure about the black and white one as I'm leaning male.
Do you think either of them look like clowns when they are walking?
Honestly my females nibbled at me all of the time when they were younger. My males have always been more leery and only started getting close to me once they were much older.

How old?
They look like the same size. Generally, that means they are the same sex. In that first pic, Bug has a wide stance, but then the white one has a closer stance. The white one's body looks a little petite. The head isn't as blocky. Usually males have a very long torso and it makes it look like there are 3 parts. But, your white one looks female. I'm not sure about the black and white one as I'm leaning male.
Do you think either of them look like clowns when they are walking?
Honestly my females nibbled at me all of the time when they were younger. My males have always been more leery and only started getting close to me once they were much older.
They are 2 and a half months old. I'm not really sure what you mean by if they look like clowns when they are walking lol. If you'd like I can send a video of them walking

They are 2 and a half months old. I'm not really sure what you mean by if they look like clowns when they are walking lol. If you'd like I can send a video of them walking
Yeah, send a video. 😊
The clown reference means that they waddle funny, have a wide stance, and trip over their big feet. 🤣

Yeah, send a video. 😊
The clown reference means that they waddle funny, have a wide stance, and trip over their big feet. 🤣
I can't seem to send a video but I uploaded it to YouTube here's the link
and here is another:
I also forgot to mention that the white one kept biting me hard when I touched it's chest and stomach area and once caused bleeding. I searched online and it said to pin it down for 5 minutes without putting much weight on it. I did it 2 times and now it only nimbles me gently when I touch it's belly. Just wanted to throw that in. Also, here is the link for the white ones chirping noise

Back
Top Bottom