Muscovy ducks!!! Male or female??

Ooh. I'm going to say both are male due to the stance. Also my females nibbled, only my drake tries to bite. I tried all sorts of techniques to get him to stop, the only thing that works is getting a broom out. He won't go anywhere near it. That and totally picking him up. He doesn't like that and when I put him down, he walks away.

Ooh. I'm going to say both are male due to the stance. Also my females nibbled, only my drake tries to bite. I tried all sorts of techniques to get him to stop, the only thing that works is getting a broom out. He won't go anywhere near it. That and totally picking him up. He doesn't like that and when I put him down, he walks away.
Noooooo is there still a chance one of them is a female 😭😭

Having an all drake flock isn't that bad. With muscovies, the males are more personable and you won't have to worry about breaking broody hens.
There's always a chance we're wrong at guessing. Give it some time and soon enough, you will know for sure.

They are both the same size, so they are the same sex. Males are significantly larger than females, even at a young age.
My white one bit me really hard when I touched it's belly but the black one does not, it bit me so hard it caused bleeding. Does that mean it's female or male?

My white one bit me really hard when I touched it's belly but the black one does not, it bit me so hard it caused bleeding. Does that mean it's female or male?
I assume both sexes will bite. I personally don't handle mine until it's necessary. Currently I have 27.

I assume both sexes will bite. I personally don't handle mine until it's necessary. Currently I have 27.
I really really hope they are female... Other wise my grandmother will butcher them... 😥
Having an all drake flock isn't that bad. With muscovies, the males are more personable and you won't have to worry about breaking broody hens.
There's always a chance we're wrong at guessing. Give it some time and soon enough, you will know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom