Muscovy ducks!!! Male or female??

And one more thing, I found out you can click the username of the person you're wanting to message from one of their post & "start conversation" from there. It will put the username in for you. I knew there had to be easier way I just overlooked it. Oops.

I sent you a message. But I'm off to bed so it'll be tomorrow before I can get back to you.

Here is the white ducks sound. It sounds a bit foggier than before. Black and white duck still high pitched chirps no foggy chirps. I can't seem to be able to get a video of the black one chirping, it seems to be quiet a lot more. If needed tho, I will try my best to get it on vid. Here is link to white duck noise vid
btw the slurp noise in the background is the black duck eating lol

omg yayyyy just making sure does everyone else agree? If so I am SOOO happy omg

They both appear to be drakes. Hens are quite a bit smaller.

But at least males are easier to contain. They aren't so good at the flying. lol
@emmading Keep us updated every so often with new pics or if they begin to make new sounds. Hopefully it will become apparent soon what sex they are.
everyone agree? thanks

That is definitely a female never heard my Muscovy drake sound like that. And those feet being so close together.

everyone agree? thanks

LOL I thought they both looked like females to me but I'm a duck newbie.

My reasoning is the legs look too thin for drakes & the head doesn't appear to have that flatish area I see on some drakes. I'm not good on body ratio. Although not real reliable but with so many pics, the tail appears more female. And mine had caruncles forming about that age

I thought they were both females from the beginning but then as I said in my previous post, I'm a duck newbie. So what do I know. lol I read these threads & offer my guess in order to learn & get better as sexing Muscovy's.

Has the other one made any sounds yet? Try to get audio or video & post here.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sorry for the really delayed reply. Things got hectic & I didn't have time to get on the forum.

I thought they were both females from the beginning but then as I said in my previous post, I'm a duck newbie. So what do I know. lol I read these threads & offer my guess in order to learn & get better as sexing Muscovy's.

Has the other one made any sounds yet? Try to get audio or video & post here.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sorry for the really delayed reply. Things got hectic & I didn't have time to get on the forum.
Hey! Thanks so much for your reply I've got an update anf I'm hoping the others reply soon too! The black one still is doing the usual chirp sound. Yesterday morning I went to feed them and the white one suddenly bit the black ones neck and chased it. After running around for a few seconds the black one stopped but the white one kept going running in circles chasing who knows what. Also, the white ones sound is now turning less of a chirp and more foggier sound. Almost maybe like the huff some of you were talking about before. If you would like I could upload a video of the sound. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom