Muscovy ducks!!! Male or female??

Pics
Hey! Thanks so much for your reply I've got an update anf I'm hoping the others reply soon too! The black one still is doing the usual chirp sound. Yesterday morning I went to feed them and the white one suddenly bit the black ones neck and chased it. After running around for a few seconds the black one stopped but the white one kept going running in circles chasing who knows what. Also, the white ones sound is now turning less of a chirp and more foggier sound. Almost maybe like the huff some of you were talking about before. If you would like I could upload a video of the sound. Thanks again!
More videos never hurt. 😊

Hi everyone! I managed to get a vid of white duck noise. I haven't been able to get a vid of the black duck make noise yet because it barely makes any noise except when it's hungry. I will try again tomorrow. But here is white duck noise link
thank you everyone

Hi everyone! I managed to get a vid of white duck noise. I haven't been able to get a vid of the black duck make noise yet because it barely makes any noise except when it's hungry. I will try again tomorrow. But here is white duck noise link
thank you everyone
That sounds like a male huff. Are they both relatively the same size? Or is there noticeable differences in their sizes? Sometimes when you have 2 male muscovies, the more dominant will be "noisier" and the least dominant one will be quieter.

That sounds like a male huff. Are they both relatively the same size? Or is there noticeable differences in their sizes? Sometimes when you have 2 male muscovies, the more dominant will be "noisier" and the least dominant one will be quieter.
The black is the slightest bit smaller. I'm quite disappointed they are males :(

It's been several months since I heard the sound of a female Muscovy & can't remember some of the sounds she made. But it does sound like male huff except for the chirp. I was hoping they were females but now hearing them I'm not sure so I'll defer to others with more knowledge of Muscovy's.

I can't believe they don't have more caruncles. Mine had lots weeks before they started making the male huffing sound.

Hope that person is still willing to trade. Have you kept in contact with them?

Back
Top Bottom