Muscovy Ducks / Michigan / Purchase & general info, Buckeye chickens too...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by elhayden, May 5, 2017.

1. elhayden

elhayden New Egg

Dec 5, 2015
    Northern Michigan
    Hello! newbie here, not sure where this should even be posted so if it should be elsewhere, please by all means move me! =)
    I'm interested in getting 3 or 4 female muscovys and one male this late summer/early fall. Intention is for meat, let mom hatch out a clutch etc in the spring. I'll be adding Chickens in the spring.
    So. I'd like to find a decent place to acquire the ducks. I've looked on facebook, have had my access to a couple Muscovy Michgian groups on FB *pending* for a couple of weeks now...I'd just like to secure the birds for later, while I continue getting ready. (not much to go!) Maybe they aren't even available in the summer/fall? Not overly concerned about age. Was thinking older, more mature ducks, but if they are not available; I'm ok waiting for spring ducklings.
    And, are there special concerns I should have having chickens and ducks living together. They'd be free-ranging all day, just coming back in to roost at night. That's the plan so far anyway. I plan on getting Buckeye chickens.
    Thanks for any guidance.

2. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by