Muscovy ducks.... where to buy?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Gator113, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Gator113

Gator113 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Hi folks.

I have 19 laying hens and now I would like to add a few ducks. I had 26 hens a few weeks ago, but while on vacation, my neighbor chicken sitter left a door open at night and some weasels took out 7 of my girls. Even my favorite girl... we will miss her.

I would like to start with Muscovies. I am frustrated with what I am finding on the net... nothing. I live in Port Angels, Washington, away from most places, so I may need them shipped to me. I would like babies, but juniors would also be fine. I want girls and a Drake.

I would greatly appreciate any leads as to where to buy these ducks. ?????????

Cheers,

Dan

2. babalubird

babalubird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Well, since I hope to sell some for meat consumption, I lean toward white muscovies. I plan to buy mine when I'm ready from J M Hatcheries. Actually there's a link there to get to their son's site who has taken over the white muscovies.

Connie

3. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:I think it is still technically illegal to sell muscovies for anything other than meat production.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  4. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    not yet hasnt passed yet there re hmm whats the word.... redoing the law

5. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

We have had almost 200 hatch in the last few weeks, which I have been selling but still have around 100 left. But we only sell them as straight run and have a variety of colors. We do ship, or I am headed to NE/IA this weekend, Wisconsin next week, then Missouri the following week if anyone those direstions is looking for any.

6. Gator113

Apr 25, 2009
    Port Angeles, Washington
    I have made a few calls and learned that to get them shipped to me, I must buy a minimum of 15. I wanted to start out small, perhaps 4 gals and a Drake. Then I might buy a couple of Geese. Oh well, I guess I'm too late this year and will have to wait until Spring when the local feed stores start selling them again. Admittedly, I am tempted to just buy 15 and be done with it, but my wife would murder me. I guess I'll go find a goat forum and start that shopping for now.

Cheers,

Dan

7. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I recomend finding a rescue! have you tryed posting on Pet Ducks R Us ? they have lots of ducks in need of a home! maybe you'll find what your looking for there!

8. Gator113

Apr 25, 2009
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Quote:Thanks. I've never heard of that... I'll check it out today.

9. TV

TV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2009
    Kansas
  10. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Also, check/ PM Bleenie, she should have some she wants to sell/rehome. She's in western Washington.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by