Muscovy Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PDurkin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. PDurkin

PDurkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Country boy at heart
    Does anyone have a pair of muscovy ducks that they are willing to sell (and ship.) If so let me know and I would be happy to pay a good price of them.

2. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    I read in the Danbury(Last Sunday)NewsTimes that the state DEP want to make it illegal to own muscovies. This is along with lion,tigers, and bears.

3. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:They are already restricted slightly and must be permanently marked because they are going feral in certain states.

If you put an add on craigslist for ducklings, you're likely to find someone local. Where abouts are you located? Shipping them would be an outrageous expense, IMO, for a bird that can be found locally pretty much anywhere.

4. desertskynm

desertskynm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Albuquerque
    oh my! [​IMG]

Quote:

5. PDurkin

PDurkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Country boy at heart
    Seems in my area that Muscovies are not very common [​IMG] Can't seem to find some anywhere!! And yes I am trying to get a pair before the Federal and State governments crack down on the sale of these beautiful birds.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Maybe try Hatching eggs? Just get a good broody hen and get her brooding before you order them and when you get them just pop them under her. My bantam cochins used to hatch my Muscovy eggs all the time. also, since you're willing to pay shipping, check out the (Washington)Seattle-Tacoma Craigslist, LOTS of Muscovies over here [​IMG] and a few nice colored ones too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by