Muscovy Ducks

Gone-Ducky

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Arizona
I've been looking around on this form and really have not come across anyone having "scovys" I have a young little herd of them and I hope the hens will start laying next year they are 5months the drakes are already starting to fight so I know im going to be geting rid of one or seperating them. I think they are a wonderful breed of duck. Nice and quiet, big, wonderful fly and mosquiyo hunters and they love to pick my weeds for me! I dont know what else you could ask from a duck! The Drakes are always so happy and love wagging there tails. Anyone else out there with info or fun pictuers of these interesting scovys.

bloggerduck.jpg

(one happy hen)

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
hi from decatur TN I have rouens, a ancona, a khaki campbell, calls and some Welsh harlequin, I have always wanted some scovys! But nobody sell them here, it not allowed, I would be put in jail if I tryed to sell them here. But I love the ducks I have now. Oh I also have some khaki campbell duck eggs in the incubator. And the welsh and two of the rouens are only day old ducklings, if you see in my signiture
big_smile.png
good luck!

Quote:
Are you sure you were on this forum when you were looking around?
gig.gif

I am down to about 84 as opposed to having over 100 muscovy ducks this year. My girls hatched out about 100 ducklings this year. I was able to sell a bunch of them.

Muscovy Ducks are the best !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
gig.gif

I am down to about 84 as opposed to having over 100 muscovy ducks this year. My girls hatched out about 100 ducklings this year. I was able to sell a bunch of them.

I guess i was looking in all the wrong places
caf.gif

Quote:
gig.gif

I guess i was looking in all the wrong places
caf.gif

It's ok. You are here now, so tell us all about your ducks and post more pics if you have any.

Here are random pics from this year's photo album

6612_new_babys.jpg

6612_baby_ducks2011.jpg

6612_duck_in_brooder_2.jpg

6612_duck_in_goat_pen_2.jpg

6612_duck_in_goat_pen_3.jpg

I put muscovy eggs under this duck and she hatched them out. She didn't know they were not her eggs.
gig.gif

6612_welsh_harlequin_hatches.jpg

This is her again with her muscovies as they got older.
6612_m2.jpg

6612_sunday_ducks1.jpg

6612_sunday_ducks.jpg

6612_new_babies.jpg

6612_m6.jpg

6612_m3.jpg

6612_m5.jpg

6612_muscovys8182011_006.jpg

6612_muscovys8182011_001.jpg

6612_muscovys8182011_008.jpg

6612_muscovy_roosting.jpg

6612_new_borns.jpg