Muscovy eggs Day 24

ICB42

Chirping
Aug 22, 2015
Hello!! I have 6 Muscovy ducks. 3 makes and three females. I did have a flock of 13 but we lost more than half. I had a chicken hen go broody on the eggs!!! I’ve been checking and there have been changes, however this will be the first set of babies... what do I need to know? Do I need an incubator... what should I look for when checking the eggs? I candle them with a flashlight... is there anything else I should be using?! I also have one of the muscovys sitting on a set of 4 eggs... she is a couple of days behind the chicken. Thanks in andvance!!

Since Muscovies take 35 days to hatch, what I have read is that the chicken might abandon the nest. Might want to slide those eggs under the broody muscovy if that happens. Or I would guess incubator would be the next option.

Since Muscovies take 35 days to hatch, what I have read is that the chicken might abandon the nest. Might want to slide those eggs under the broody muscovy if that happens. Or I would guess incubator would be the next option.
She’s still sitting on them... I’m surprised. We are almost to the end... if we are right on the math!! This is one of the eggs today!!

Attachments

• 2F4C946F-C009-4B8E-9DD8-1C06E986458A.jpeg
    2F4C946F-C009-4B8E-9DD8-1C06E986458A.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 10
That's cool. How many eggs is the chicken sitting on?
8 or 9 I’m not 100% sure I can never get to more than one or two lol she’s mean!! I can’t even get near her. I also have one of the ducks laying on 4 of her own!! Hoping for babies!! I’m so excited!!

8 or 9 I’m not 100% sure I can never get to more than one or two lol she’s mean!! I can’t even get near her. I also have one of the ducks laying on 4 of her own!! Hoping for babies!! I’m so excited!!
You will have to post when they hatch. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom