Muscovy eggs

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
Okay so my Muscovy eggs got here today! Mom is a Chocolate, dad is Lavender.

Is there anything special I need to know before setting these eggs? I know that they take 35 days to "cook". Anything else I need to know? I'm so excited!! These will be my first muscovy's!! YAY!

I blame it on Bleenie! She has all those gorgeous Scovy's that she made me want some!

Here's a pic of the eggs

24335_20100111_11.jpg

Laurie

LOL, thanks Laurie, you'll probably get some really pretty babies!

When i incubated my scovy eggs I misted them a couple times a day with a water bottle... to kind of 'simulate' when the momma gets off the nest for a bath(or whatever) & brings back that extra moisture.

good luck with your new eggies!

Don't wanna be a wet blanket and I really wish you total success; but in my experience and in alot of others', also, muscovy eggs are extremely difficult to bring off in an incubator. I know some have had partial success, granted, but.....................

I wish you great success!

Thank! I had such horrible times trying to hatch Call ducks last summer. Every single one made it all the way to hatch, then died. This winter, every single one that has made it to hatch has lived! I don't know if it has something to do with the humidity or what exactly is the difference but I figured I'd try the Muscovies since I'm having such great luck with the Call ducks!

And if all else fails, I'm headed to Bleenies house. She has no many Scovy's that I'm taking several home!
celebrate.gif
lol

Laurie

I had good luck hatching Muscovy eggs until the last batch, i had bad incubation issues & only 1 survived
sad.png

Well if you do have bad luck Laurie I am POSITIVE I will have lots of extra fluffies running around not long from now!

17 hens total....I really need to start building all their nest boxes!!
th.gif

good luck!!!

i am new to muscovies. i have a magpie? i think they are called and a white one. i am excited to have babies whenever these 2 want children
ya.gif

i raised my 2 from babies. i rescued them from a flea market when they were a week old. they are spoiled rotten
love.gif

I have had great hatches with muscovies, 15 out of 16 fertile eggs my last attempt. I can't tell you the secret though because I didn't do anything special, I did them the same way I do chickens, I didn't mist or cool the eggs.

Anyways good luck!

My mother incubated 2 Scovy eggs for me(this is her first time!) i just checked them last night and they're growing great. She had some problems with her roomate messing with the bator and these guys are still doing awesome & moving great. You should do just fine with them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom