muscovy eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aldwin, Jul 12, 2011.

1. aldwin

aldwin New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    Hi everyone just wanna ask help because i have a Muscovy eggs that is about 37 days since their mother starts sitting on them. I am just worried because I've heard that Muscovy duck eggs will hatch between 33-35 days but my eggs were about 37 days already and there are still no ducklings. I've touch one egg yesterday and I can feel something is pipping and moving inside. I'm just so worried coz my hen layed 11 eggs and only three were not rotten. I want my 3 remaining eggs to hatch coz its been over a month that I am waiting for it to hatch..please help

2. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    [​IMG]

Don't worry.
    Many eggs take more days to hatch than usual.

If they go over 40 days then you should be worried.

3. aldwin

aldwin New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    i"m so worried coz from 11 eggs only three remaining..when i hold one egg i can feel something moving inside of it..the other one has black color.im afraid its rotten..the 3rd egg when i hold it i can't feel anything moving but it has no smell nor black color in the egg. does my two eggs rotten?its my first time so i need any advice....

4. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    It's hard to tell exactly what the 'black colour' you're describing is, but have you tried looking at candling pictures and comparing them with what you can see in your eggs? I've included a link below. By this time your eggs should be full of duckling and should look solidly dark apart from the air cell at the fat end of the egg. If you are seeing small black blobs floating about inside the egg then that's not good but if you're seeing a solidly dark egg (apart from air cell) then that is fine.

Be careful not to handle them too much at this stage. I'd say restrict yourself to once every two days at the most!

http://www.metzerfarms.com/Candling.cfm

Remember these photos are of normal duck eggs, not Muscovys, so don't pay too much attention to the numbers of the days, as normal ducks hatch a week or so quicker than Muscovys. Just look at the last two or three days and see if it looks anything like what's in your eggs.

5. aldwin

aldwin New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    please help..still no ducklings.they said it take 12-48 hours to hatch a duck eggs when you could feel pipping inside of the egg but its almost 48 hours since i touch the egg and till now no ducklings still..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by