Muscovy Family Portrait

ChickaChickaBoomBoom

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Since my family had to go get our family portrait today, I decided that it would be appropriate to snap a family portrait of our ducks. :) From left to right, there is Porter (dad), Lady (mom), and 12 fast growing two week old scovies.

DuckFamilyPortrait-1.jpg

-Dave

Oh how sweet... What a gorgeous family they are too. And lucky for you they behaved in front of the camera!

I try to get a photo of every group that I have hatch...Its always nice to look back on all the different babies.

Thanks. The male is finally starting to settle down. He has been somewhat aggressive towards to the ducklings, nipping at them, etc. Over the past few days I have finally allowed them to all co-mingle unsupervised again, so hopefully we are through the mean-daddy phase. As it is, it is so cold around here (40's-60's and rain) that every extra body in at nighttime is welcome.

-Dave

That is so cool! Papa looks so dignified! Cute family! I especially love that little adventurous one sneeking off on the side..
smile.png

Thank you everyone. The pic was on my wife's iPhone, so not the best, but you do what you gotta do.
smile.png

Chickboss, it's funny but I just noticed the same thing, with the one sneaking off. What has been so funny is that my daughter and son have eached picked out one of them and named them for whatever reason. One yellow one and one mixed color one. It never ceases to amaze me that two of them will somehow get separated or wander off or stay behind when foraging - and it's always one yellow one and one mixed color one. Whether they are the same ones I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that those two may end up staying with us in the end.

-Dave

Last edited:
Chickboss,

Just to follow up with my last reply, the photo was actually cropped, and when I went back and looked at the full version, that little tuff of yellow on the explorer's back is actually a little yellow one making the escape with him. LOL. Ya, they gotta stay!

-Dave

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom