Muscovy gender?

AMaggio

Chirping
Jun 21, 2019
HI everyone. I was wondering if anyone with some muscovy experience might be able to tell me what gender these guys are.
20200806_174605.jpg
20200806_174615.jpg

These two are about five months but both are still making trilling noises, neither has lost their voice yet. I would assume the one with the red carunkles is a male but he's about the same size as the other one. He's also friendlier but if you pet his back he lays his wings flat like a female would if being mounted, or at least that's how i would describe it. The one with fewer carunkles is more aloof but still enjoys being pet. I think she's a female because of that and because she's softer and fluffy on her chest. She leaves soft down- like feathers everywhere. What do you think?

I thought both genders crest sometimes. The one does so all the time though. I like your muscovy. I would like some more color to my flock. Very pretty

They both look like hens to me. If one one a male it would be significantly bigger than the other at their age.

They both look like hens to me. If one one a male it would be significantly bigger than the other at their age.
Lol you're right. The one i thought was a male laid her first egg today.

Do you think there's anything wrong with the one that has pink carunkles? Does the color indicate health or is she just a slow bloomer?

They both look healthy. Face color can be indicative of whether a hen is currently fertile or not. Which laid the egg? The top one? She looks more sexually mature.

Back
Top Bottom