Muscovy hatchlings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Samalander, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Samalander

Samalander Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2014
    I had semi decent odds on my hatchling. My chocolate duck hatched 4 babies (possibly 2 buff/2 buff barred?). My light blue duck hatched 10 babies (again possibly 2 black, 1 blue and 7 chocolate? Or 5 chocolate, 2 lilac?). And my dark blue duck hatched 3 babies (1 black, 2 chocolate?). I have no idea if any of the babies will turn out rippled like last time but I hope so!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    aw, so cute! pretty colours you have there! i am mainly blue and chocolate here did get one new type this year though... she's a blue/chocolate??

3. Samalander

Samalander Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2014
    Nice, I started with 2 blue and 2 chocolate, or that I think of them as. Somehow I hatched Blue, Black and Dark Ripple drakes and Chocolate, Lilac and Buff Ripple females. No idea how that works. In the bottom picture you can see 2 of my blue drake "babies", the dark ripple drake, the lilac closer to the camera and the buff ripple just behind her as well as my original chocolate barred drake and chocolate barred hen. The blue girls where still sitting when I took that picture. And the silly blue silkie hiding behind the flowers. I love the muscovies but the genetics are a little confusing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by