Muscovy identity?

Carolinexlt

Chirping
Oct 6, 2018
Wondering what you think about this duck. I just bought a drake and I am just confused about his looks. He has absolutely no mask at all! Every other Muscovy drake I've seen has a prominent fleshy mask but not this guy. Could he be a hybrid? Or are there Muscovies who just don't have the mask?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 31
I still kinda think he is a she though... cause the twins were about that big as females when I got them and females take longer for their masks.
Well, s/he doesn't trill at all, and is twice the size of my girls, so I hope I have a drake. The breeder has assured me that hybrid is not an option. Guess I'll wait to see if they have babies

Meanwhile, thanks everyone for your input

Looking at just his face, he looks like a she - then looking at his body - he looks like a goose!

But I know nothing for certain on that... other then which ever it is, they're still young and will grow into the carbuncle. Speedy only just started getting part of her mask recently and shes a year old. Fancy had his start when he hit hormonal and wanted to jump ever female in the area.

Back
Top Bottom