1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

muscovy incubation gone wrong

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rachele anne, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Rachele anne

Rachele anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    I tried to incubate 15 muscovy egg that my uncle found on a jobsite and 8 were upside down two hatched and died and five made it and were very weak at first ...I would like to no what a good method is for incubating muscovys or an idea of what the reason is that I had a bad experience

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    I think the main issue is how they were found It could very well be the eggs were moved during a critical stage of development, around week 2 the embryos shift in the shell to face the large part of the egg. If they were jostled (like, say, by an uncle picking them up and transporting them to you), they could easily get turned around.

Also since we don't know how long they were without incubation, that could have had a lot to do with it, too.

3. Rachele anne

Oct 30, 2014
    Yay I think your right cause I candles them when I got them the oldest one looked about two and a half weeks and the youngest looked like it was layed that day all different stages inbetween

4. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    How are the surviving babies doing?

5. Rachele anne

Oct 30, 2014
    Their thriving now but theirs one with a crooked neck ... I think it hurt it when the little ninja squeezed through to bars on the little cage I had them in

6. Rachele anne

Oct 30, 2014
    .[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by