Muscovy Laid an Egg

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cukooformarans, Nov 18, 2011.

1. cukooformarans

cukooformarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Alabama
    My muscovies stopped laying two months ago (give or take). This morning, I went outside to let them out of their coop (they free-range during the day) and one had laid an egg! I thought for sure they were done until spring. Really-no eggs in AT LEAST 2 months and now that it is getting truly close to winter ... an egg! Anyone else's birds surprised them lately??? (I must admit it was a happy surprise though!) [​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My ancona hen stoped for a week.... But popped one out today [​IMG] I almost thought it was a welsh harlequin egg. But then remembered that my welshies are to young. But glad she laid one [​IMG]

3. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I am green with envy [​IMG]. I can't wait for my first eggs. I have chickens, geese and ducks and have never gotten an egg. Hopefully your girl will give you some eggs all winter. [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Sorry boxer, but you wont get some for a while from your duckies. I had my rouen hen for 7 months before I got even one egg! She is now 9 months, and stopped laying last month. The last egg I got from her I hatched. And the ducky is now in my brooder [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by