Muscovy left her eggs on day 27

melton03

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2015
South Carolina
I went to the store this morning around 9 came home at 1pm she was sitting out in the yard! I knew something was wrong she only comes off the eggs for 30 mins tops in the morning and Evening. I went and checked them and they were cold. I grabbed some and candled and saw no movement? Is there any hope. I grabbed 7 that looked very developed and put them in my incubator!! hELP

I went to the store this morning around 9 came home at 1pm she was sitting out in the yard! I knew something was wrong she only comes off the eggs for 30 mins tops in the morning and Evening. I went and checked them and they were cold. I grabbed some and candled and saw no movement? Is there any hope. I grabbed 7 that looked very developed and put them in my incubator!! hELP
At four hours-most likely less, yes, there is a good chance the ducklings are alive yet; especially at that stage of development.

I have 3 eggs left that have development and movement? The "hatch" day is Friday (according to my calculations which may be off by a day) since the hen was browsing them up until day 27 do I still put them on lockdown?

I have 3 eggs left that have development and movement? The "hatch" day is Friday (according to my calculations which may be off by a day) since the hen was browsing them up until day 27 do I still put them on lockdown?

Yes. And good luck. If you are off on the hatch date a day or so it will not matter. Good luck again.

Last edited:
My Muscovy died last night so now I know why she got off the eggs. Not sure why she died but, at least she wasn't a bad mommy! I am praying these 3 eggs hatch so I can have a peice of her

Back
Top Bottom